By Matt Rosenberg, About.com Guide
Maps of our planet, showing continents, oceans, countries, physical features, and more.
Maps of every country and territory on the planet.
Street and road maps can be found all over the Internet, but how do you know which resources are the best? Here's where you will find those superb resources.
Blank and Outline Maps
Blank maps and outline maps are excellent to use to learn geography. The blank maps and outline maps found on the Internet can be printed out for home or school use.
- Blank Outline Maps of the Countries of the World
- Blank Outline Maps of the U.S. States
- Additional Blank Map Resources
Using Maps and Understanding Maps
Learn about cartography and how to properly use maps.
- Map Colors
- Map Projections: Peters Projection vs. Mercator Projection
- Thematic Maps - Colors and Icons
- Additional Resources on Understanding Maps
GIS & GPS
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and the Global Positioning System (GPS) are two incredible geographic technologies that have revolutionized map making and understanding our planet. Learn all about GIS and GPS from these resources.
- GPS - Global Positioning System
- GIS - Geographic Information Systems Overview
- Landsat Satellite Imaging
More Maps: Historical, Topographic, U.S. Maps
Additional map resources for finding great maps on the Internet.