Here are some highlights of the geographic news over the past week, selected from my Twitter feed:
- According to NASA, 2010 was the warmest year on record and the world could heat up four degrees Celsius in 50 years.
- Why a unilateral declaration of independence by Palestine means war.
- The Panama Canal was closed for the third time in its history due to flooding.
- If an island state vanishes underwater, is it still an independent country?
- The possible future capital of the future South Sudan, Juba, rises from the rubble.